EMERGENCY DIAL 911 - All Other Calls: (905) 885-8123

Facebook  Twitter

Youth aged 12 to 17 may only apply for police record checks for Government (federal, provincial, municipal) Agencies. Non-government agencies include, but are not limited to, organizations receiving government funding such as schools, universities, or hospitals. 

As of November 1, 2018, Youths aged 12 to 17 shall only be permitted to obtain police record checks for positions working or volunteering with the Government of Canada, or the government of a province or municipality for purposes of employment or the performance of services, with or without remuneration.

Non-government agencies are not authorized to receive any results of any youth records and youth are no longer permitted to apply for any level of police record check. 

If you are under 18 years of age and are NOT working/volunteering for a government agency PHPS has issued a standard letter you can print and provide to your employer/organization.


Print the Youth Letter