A Port Hope female is facing several charges after they were observed operating a vehicle that was driving over the curb, into oncoming traffic and failing to stop for a stop sign.
Police were dispatched on December 1, 2023, to a Jocelyn Street Plaza after witnesses followed the vehicle until it came to a stop in a parking lot. Police arrived and blocked the vehicle, preventing it from leaving. The female driver showed visible signs of intoxication and failed to provide a valid driver’s license and an insurance slip. As a result, the female was charged with the following:
- Adult Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Adult Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Adult Driving motor vehicle with unsealed container of liquor
- Adult Drive motor vehicle – no license
- Adult Fail to surrender suspended, revoked or cancelled licence
- Adult Fail to surrender insurance card
- Adult Possess non-Photo Card portion of cancelled, revoked or suspended licence
The accused is to appear in court on December 20, 2023.
Anyone with information on a crime are asked to contact Port Hope Police at 905-885-8123 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS