Click here to subscribe for media releases from Port Hope Police
Arrests made in Drug Investigation
In early 2023, members of the Port Hope and Cobourg Criminal Investigative Bureau’s entered into a drug investigation within the Municipality of Port Hope. This investigation is part of an ongoing joint enforcement effort, between members of Port Hope and Cobourg Police Service, targeting illegal drug activity affecting Northumberland County.
On the evening of March 9th 2023, members of the Port Hope Police and the Cobourg Police Service’s Criminal Investigation Bureau, along with uniform officers from both services were involved in the arrest of one adult male as a result of a traffic stop, stemming from this drug investigation.
Police conducted a search of the vehicle and located illicit drugs and money within.
As a result of this investigation Police seized the following:
- Over $40,000.00 in Canadian Currency
- 18grams of suspected Cocaine
- 13grams of suspected Fentanyl
- 37 Hydromorphone pills
Michael OUELLETTE, 31 years of Port Hope is charged with the following:
- Adult Trafficking in a schedule 1 substance - Cocaine – contrary to section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
- Adult Trafficking in a schedule 1 substance - Fentanyl – contrary to section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
- Adult Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of Trafficking X 3 – contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
- Adult Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000.00
- Adult Failure to Comply with Undertaking contrary to 145(4)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Adult Drive While Under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
Michael OUELLETTE has been held for a for a Bail Hearing.
Anyone with information on a crime are asked to contact Port Hope Police at 905-885-8123 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS