Welcome to Port Hope Police Service
I would like to welcome you to the Port Hope Police Service's website. Here you will find links and other information such as our services to the public, crime prevention and our latest press releases to assist us to stay connected to our residents and visitors alike.
Our police officers and civilian support staff are very proud to provide excellent community-based policing services to this great Municipality. We work hard every day to ensure the safety and quality of day-to-day life expected by the citizens of Port Hope.
Cause Disturbance/ Utter Threats
Male arrested for causing a disturbance and uttering threats.
On August 30, 2021, in the morning, police responded to a male causing a disturbance at the Town Hall on Queen Street. Police learned the male had also threatened an employee at the Town Hall.
As a result of the investigation, police arrested and charged 23-year-old Spencer RIPLEY, with the following offences:
1. Utter threats contrary to section 264.(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
2. Cause a Disturbance contrary to section 175(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
RIPLEY was released by way of Undertaking with conditions and a court date.
Driver arrested for impaired driving after police respond to a motor vehicle collision.
On September 4, 2021, police responded to a motor vehicle collision on Hope Street North, in the Municipality of Port Hope. A vehicle had collided into another parked vehicle causing extensive damage.
As a result of the investigation, police arrested and charged 29-year-old Benjamin MCIVOR of Port Hope with the following offences:
1. Operation while Impaired- Alcohol/Drug contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
2. Operation while Impaired over 80 contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code.
MCIVOR was released with a future court date.
Port Hope Police Service encourage the public to report suspected impaired driving by calling 911. Important/helpful details to provide dispatch when reporting suspected impaired driving are as follows:
- Vehicle description with plate number.
- Street name and direction of travel.
- Driving observations.
- Description of driver.
Impaired driving is still a leading cause of death in Canada, by calling a suspected impaired driver, you could play a roll in keeping our roads safe.
Port Hope Salmon Migration
Port Hope Police Service will be working along side with community partners, Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, and the municipal staff of Port Hope, in monitoring the Ganaraska River for the annual salmon migration.
Officers will be conducting foot patrols during the month of September, along the Ganaraska River and will be focusing on the following:
- Fishing Licenses.
- Practicing safe social distancing.
- Compliance with fishing regulations.
- Compliance with night fishing (cannot fish between 8:00pm and 6:00am on the Ganaraska River, South of Jocelyn Street bridge and North of Robertson Street bridge).
- Offences under the Liquor License Act.
Port Hope Police Service would like to remind people to be courteous of the environment, and to clean up after themselves, to ensure everyone can enjoy this season.
If you have a crime to report to please call 905-885-8123, or email email@example.com or call Crime Stoppers at 1- 800-222-TIPS (8477) .
Enjoy the weekend!
Follow Port Hope Police on twitter, Instagram and Facebook